Personal Injury Associate - Los Angeles
November 12, 2019
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of five (5) years litigation experience in personal injury defense. Excellent opportunity for an Associate Attorney with case handling and trial experience. Strong research, analytical, communication and writing skills and the proven ability to manage a complex caseload is essential.
- Direct and support investigation on all assigned litigation matters.
- Assess potential and current matters for valuation purposes to aid in early resolution.
- Evaluate, create and execute a litigation plan for potential and current matters from pre-litigation through trial.
- Identify and retain medical experts and/or legal experts for each particular matter, including their preparation for trial and/or depositions.
- Maintain communication with client through the course of the claim and litigation including all client required reporting and budgeting guidelines.
- Perform legal research on relevant issues during the pre-litigation process throughout the course of litigation.
- Prepare responsive pleadings for filing with the appropriate court.
- Advocate and respond to written discovery.
- Draft meet and confer letters to opposing counsel regarding discovery issues.
- Prepare clients for depositions and other applicable hearings.
- Take and defend depositions throughout the course of litigation.
- Prepare and respond to law and motion.
- Attend court appearances.
- Responsible for preparing matters for trial, including the creation of all trial documents, motions in limine and oppositions to defense motions in limine, outline for direct and cross-examination of witnesses, etc.
- Juris Doctorate degree and current good standing with CA State bar is required.
- Extensive experience taking and defending depositions required.
- Ability to manage discovery and assist with trial preparation.
- Active, acute knowledge of medical experts.
- Active knowledge and ability to settle pre-litigation/litigation cases for full value.
- Monthly Billing Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), FSA, group Life and LTD offered for eligible employees
- Paid Vacation and Sick time for eligible employees