One of the largest practice groups at the firm, the Professional Liability group includes attorneys throughout our California offices. We defend a wide variety of professionals in both litigation and non-litigation matters.
Our representation includes:
- Legal Malpractice for attorneys and judges.
- Real Estate Professionals, including commercial and residential real estate agents and brokers, mortgage brokers, real estate appraisers.
- Real Estate Inspectors, including both home inspectors and pest control inspectors.
- Title and Escrow for title companies and foreclosure trustees.
- Insurance Professionals, including insurance agents and brokers.
Settled claims against real estate agents and brokers for "nuisance" amounts before engaging in costly discovery or taking any depositions.
Secured a dismissal for a real estate broker before discovery was initiated.
Were awarded a defense verdict on a claim against a licensed pesticide applicator for inadvertently spraying Round-Up on an orchard of nectarines, destroying the trees. The plaintiff claimed $500,000 in damages. The jury found no fault on the part of our client.
Succeeded in having cases dismissed against three separate appraiser clients, without incurring any discovery costs.
- Show more
“Hocus Pocus: Turning Professional Negligence Lawsuits into Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Lawsuits in California, and Implications for the Other 49 (States).”
Court of Appeal Finds Recipe for Mixing MICRA, Prop. 51 and the Good Faith Settlement Statute to Reduce Economic and Non-Economic Damages in Medical Malpractice Award
MICRA Targeted For Revision
Important Changes to Medicare and Medicaid