Andrew J. Chan
Associate | San Francisco
Andrew is an associate in the San Francisco office. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has extensive litigation experience representing institutional clients in state and federal court. His areas of practice include insurance coverage and defense, construction defect, product liability, medical malpractice, personal injury, consumer finance, real estate, contested foreclosures, employment, and other commercial issues.
Andrew has also completed approximately 40 insurance coverage opinions on matters involving property damage, construction defect, business interruption, loss of use, theft and attempted theft, vandalism, professional errors and omissions, premises liability, personal injury, violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the duty to defend, and potential bad faith. Specific analysis has included coverage, exclusion, and/or limitation for earth movement; wind or wind driven water; seepage; building collapse; pollution; microorganism and mold; protective safeguards; entrustment; prior knowledge; expected or intended injury; volunteer workers; vacant or unoccupied property; ensuing damage; faulty, inadequate or defective design, construction, or materials; wear and tear; rust, corrosion, decay, deterioration, hidden or latent defect, and maintenance; prior wrongful acts; criminal, fraudulent, dishonest, or malicious acts; assault and battery; misrepresentation, fraud, and omissions; and failure to satisfy post-loss obligations.
While attending law school at the University of Miami, Andrew served on the Faculty Committee (Curriculum), Honor Council, International Moot Court Board, and Volunteer Tax Assistance Program. Andrew also clerked for Judge Maxine Cohen Lando in Florida's Eleventh Judicial Circuit, the State Attorney's Office for Miami-Dade County, the Office of the City Attorney for Miami, Florida, and the San Francisco District Attorney's Office.
Andrew is also a California licensed real estate broker.
- University of Miami School Of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S.District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
American Bar Association, Business Law Section