Andrew J. Chan
Senior Associate | Oakland/East Bay
Andrew is a Senior Associate in the Firm’s Oakland/East Bay office. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell and has been named a Northern California Super Lawyer Rising Star by Thompson Reuters in both 2018 and 2019. Andrew has extensive litigation experience representing individual and institutional clients in state and federal court. His areas of practice include insurance coverage and defense, construction defect, breach of habitability, medical and professional malpractice, personal injury, product liability, intellectual property, real estate, consumer finance, employment, and commercial disputes.
Andrew has experience providing insurance coverage opinions on various matters involving property damage, construction defect, business interruption, loss of use, theft and attempted theft, vandalism, professional errors and omissions, premises liability, personal injury, violation of the Americans with Disabilities Act, the duty to defend, and bad faith claims.
Andrew completed B.A. degrees in Cognitive Science and History with a minor in Philosophy from the University of California, Berkeley. While attending law school at the University of Miami, he served on the Faculty Committee (Curriculum), Honor Council, International Moot Court Board, and Volunteer Tax Assistance Program. Andrew also clerked for Judge Maxine Cohen Lando in Florida's Eleventh Judicial Circuit, the State Attorney's Office for Miami-Dade County, the Office of the City Attorney for Miami, Florida, and the San Francisco District Attorney's Office.
Andrew is also a California licensed real estate broker and is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
Andrew lives in Walnut Creek with his wife Natalie and son Sebastian, and he enjoys golfing, hiking, and skiing in his spare time.
- University of Miami School Of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A.
- U.S. Court of Appeal, 9th Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court, Northern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of California
- Bankruptcy Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Bankruptcy Court, Middle District of Florida
- Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- American Bar Association, Business Law Section
- Out of State Division of the Florida Bar