Kara L. Wild
Senior Associate | Oakland/East Bay
Kara is a senior associate in the Firm’s Oakland/East Bay office. Her practice involves construction, professional liability, and employment law issues. She came to the Firm with a broad range of experience, having represented homeowners in construction defect litigation, as well as plaintiffs in employment and landlord/tenant matters. While working for the United States Bankruptcy Court, she drafted numerous orders and decisions pertaining to complex bankruptcy matters.
During law school, she was on the Executive Board of the Santa Clara Law Review as Senior Technical Editor, and also was a member of Honors Moot Court. On the Dean’s list for all three years, she won the Best Appellate Brief in Advocacy, the Witkin Award for Constitutional Law II, and the CALI Award for Law of Nonprofit Organizations.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D.
- University of California, Berkeley, B.A.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeal, 9th Circuit
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association, Co-Chair of the Amicus Committee
- Queen’s Bench Bar Association, Member of the Civic and Judicial Appointments Committee
- Board President of the Lakepoint Homeowners Association
- Contra Costa Bar Association (Real Estate and Women's Sections)