Civil Litigation Defense Associate (Concord) - Oakland/East Bay
April 5, 2021
Job Overview: The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 1 to 2 years in civil litigation defense experience. Strong research, analytical, communication and writing skills and the proven ability to manage a complex case load is essential.
- Direct and support investigation on all assigned litigation matters.
- Assess potential and current matters for valuation purposes to aid in early resolution.
- Evaluate, create and execute a litigation plan for potential and current matters from pre-litigation through trial.
- Maintain communication with client through the course of the claim and litigation including all client required reporting and budgeting guidelines.
- Perform legal research on relevant issues during the pre-litigation process throughout the course of litigation.
- Prepare responsive pleadings for filing with the appropriate court.
- Advocate and respond to written discovery.
- Draft meet and confer letters to opposing counsel regarding discovery issues.
- Prepare clients for depositions and other applicable hearings.
- Take and defend depositions throughout the course of litigation.
- Prepare and respond to law and motion.
- Attend court appearances.
- Responsible for preparing matters for trial, including the creation of all trial documents, motions in limine and oppositions to defense motions in limine, outline for direct and cross-examination of witnesses, etc.
- Juris Doctorate degree and current good standing with CA State bar is required.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in the Civil Defense Litigation field.
- Active knowledge and ability to settle pre-litigation/litigation cases for full value.
- Strong research, analytical and communication skills (oral and written).
Benefits: Growing firm, pleasant working environment, excellent benefits and competitive salary including billing bonus program. Immediate opening. For consideration, please forward resume and include desired salary range with cover letter. Remote at this time. All inquiries are kept confidential.Apply