Associate Attorney - Los Angeles
POTENTIAL FOR FULLY-REMOTE POSITION
Statewide AV-Rated Civil Law Defense Firm has an outstanding opportunity for a Litigation Defense Associate. The office is centrally located in the downtown Los Angeles office and offers excellent benefits, a collegial work environment, and opportunities for advancement.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of 4-7 years in civil litigation defense experience. Excellent opportunity for an Associate Attorney with a background in the following practice areas: general litigation, products liability, premises liability, auto, law & motion practice, and extensive deposition experience. Strong research, analytical, communication skills required and the proven ability to manage a complex caseload is essential.
- Direct and support investigation on all assigned cases.
- Analyze and assess case value to aid in early resolution.
- Evaluate, create and execute a litigation plan to cover all phases of litigation.
- Maintain communication with client through the course of the claim.
- Comply with all litigation and budgeting guidelines.
- Perform legal research on relevant issues throughout the course of the litigation process.
- Draft meet and confer letters to opposing counsel regarding discovery issues.
- Represent the interests of the client(s) at hearings, trials, depositions, mediations, arbitrations and other proceedings.
- Prepare clients for depositions and other applicable hearings.
- Negotiate settlements on behalf of the client(s).
- Juris Doctorate degree and current good standing with CA State bar is required.
- Minimum 4-7 years’ experience working in the Civil Defense Litigation department.
- Knowledge of current employment and construction laws.
- Strong research, analytical and communication skills.
- Monthly Billing Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), FSA, group Life, and LTD offered for eligible employees
- Paid Vacation and Sick time for eligible employees