Paralegal - Los Angeles
A California Statewide Insurance Defense Firm has an outstanding opportunity for a Paralegal in the Los Angeles office. We are looking for a team player who enjoys a cordial, diverse and fast-paced working environment. The candidate will possess a minimum of 5-8 years of experience in civil litigation defense.
- Prepare routine or complex legal documents for review by attorneys.
- Review, organizes and summarizes reports, including medical records, and other case materials.
- Draft pleadings, subpoenas, discovery requests and responses, correspondence, interrogatories/answers, notices of examination under oath, and other legal documents.
- Participate in special administrative and legal research projects as requested.
- Assist in deposition preparation, pre-trial investigations, trial preparation, including assistance with preparation of witnesses for deposition and/or trial.
- Prepare depositions, legal memos and trial binders.
- Prepare exhibits and other demonstrative evidence for use at trial.
- Draft settlement agreements.
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- Minimum of 5-8 years of experience in civil litigation defense.
- Must have the ability to handle competing litigation deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must possess excellent writing and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel, Lexis Nexis and Outlook.
- Must have knowledge of California court rules, motions, discovery, evidence, litigation documentation, court rules, and procedures.
- Must be able to multi-task and maintain a consistent method of organization
- Billing Bonus Program.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K), FSA, group Life and LTD offered for eligible employees.
- Paid Vacation and Sick time for eligible employees. All inquiries are kept confidential.