James P. Giacchetti
Associate | Oakland/East Bay
James P. Giacchetti represents clients in complex actions in both state and federal courts. Mr. Giacchetti possesses substantial experience in all phases of civil litigation, from prelawsuit investigation through jury verdict and post-trial proceedings. James has successfully prosecuted and defended actions on behalf of individuals, community groups, insurance companies, and other business entities. He has also handled litigated matters involving causes of action for breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud, reimbursement, and related claims.
Mr. Giacchetti has been a member of various trial teams and served as lead trial counsel. Before Ericksen Arbuthnot, Mr. Giacchetti practiced law at preeminent litigation firms in the San Francisco Bay Area. He has been recognized as a Super Lawyers “Rising Star.”
Mr. Giacchetti graduated from Santa Clara University School of Law. While in law school, he clerked for the Hon. Mary J. Greenwood, Administrative Presiding Justice in and for the Sixth District Court of Appeal. Mr. Giacchetti also excelled in Moot Court competitions and served as a member of the Honors Moot Court Board. Mr. Giacchetti received his undergraduate degree in Art History, Magna Cum Laude, from Santa Clara University.
- Prosecuted and defended various actions on behalf of insurance companies.
- Lead trial counsel in action against prestigious San Francisco Bay Area university.
- Member of trial team that prevailed in action against the County of Santa Clara.
- Member of trial team that prevailed in action against the City of San Jose.
- Member of trial team in breach of contract and fraud action.
- Member of team that represented business entity in action against the United States.
- Represented defendant in counterfeiting action by international technology company.
- Prevailed on various procedural and substance motions in state and federal courts.
- Santa Clara University, B.A.
- Santa Clara University School of Law, J.D.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- Asian Law Alliance, Board of Directors