Joshua J. Bettencourt
Senior Counsel | Oakland/East Bay
Joshua J. Bettencourt is Senior Counsel at the Firm’s Oakland/East Bay office. Josh has extensive experience in all phases of civil litigation, from commencement through trial, and concentrates his practice in defending his clients against professional liability claims. He has been named a Super Lawyer in professional liability litigation by Thompson-Reuters from 2013 to the present. Josh is co-chair of the Firm's Professional Liabilty Practice Group and a member of the Insurance Coverage Practice Group.
In addition to developing a successful professional liability defense practice, Josh has represented clients in a full range of practice areas over his career including insurance coverage and subrogation litigation, personal injury, business and employment litigation, corporate law, and real estate and construction transactions.
When he is away from the office, Josh enjoys spending time outdoors and traveling with his wife and daughter.
- Santa Clara University, B.S.
- University of San Diego School of Law, J.D.
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Central District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeal, 9th Circuit